YakuMure
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Talk of a new RP, Elemental Worlds

2 posters

Go down

Talk of a new RP, Elemental Worlds Empty Talk of a new RP, Elemental Worlds

Post by AeroPhoenix Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:39 pm

Youkai wrote: Hey I been thing how bout we do it I this.

The fire world: where the being more attune to fire reside in, as well as some land animal that could be attributed to fire. (example: A salamander is sometimes seen as a fire creature.)
The water world: We the marine life as well as the people more attune to water.(example: whales, sharks, dolphins, etc.)
The earth world: People who are attune to the earth element as well as the rest of the mammals and some insects.( example: elephant, tigers.)
The wind world: Where the people more attune to the element of wind. And the sky born animals as well. (example: birds as well as the flying type insects.)
The lighting world, the light world, the dark world and things like that. I pretty sure we can come with a good amount of rules and materials for it.

What do you say clash? Think we can do it? googly eyes

I'm happy you asked, yes! I love the idea and I'm tempted to ask... was from an animes!? Remember that by world I mean a universe, sorry for not being clear. As an example look at marvel and DC universes, you could see all stories that you read and watch as separate universes with their own rules(Example? One world may be just like ours with nothing fantastic and another may have like me and bright-lightning were talking about... psychics, vampire/werewolves, etc. 

This new story world (or universe, setting, dimension, you name it) has within it all the “worlds”(either planets or continents) We're getting bogged down by terminology! >_<

Let's discuss this new wold through ideas around and see what sticks. We'll do that in this thread. 
I'd like it for the lightning world to be a part of the fire world so we could simply have the four classic elements. We could talk about the platonic solids and the goal of our characters is some mysterious and elusive utopia... the etheric world of perfect beings. 

Once were ready one or both of us can post the sign ups and then the thread(or set of threads, remember what I mean by that?) for role-playing in.
AeroPhoenix
AeroPhoenix
Site Owner
Site Owner

Male
Number of posts : 1021
Job/hobbies : ...
Registration date : 2007-12-29

Back to top Go down

Talk of a new RP, Elemental Worlds Empty Re: Talk of a new RP, Elemental Worlds

Post by Youkai Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:45 pm

I didn't mean a separate universe, I only mean one. But there would be different planets with different rules and laws for it. For example look at the world today, we have different countries with different laws. And no I didn't get it from an anime. It was something I came up with a few years ago. dunno sue me
Youkai
Youkai
Staff
Staff

Male
Number of posts : 537
Job/hobbies : hanging out with friends, taking naps and watching anime
Registration date : 2008-05-05

http://watazone.megabb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AeroPhoenix Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:58 pm

There will be psychic powers of course?
and what do you think about the four elements and that elusive extra element called ether(spirit or whatever)

Give me something to work with here and Ill be happy to start a thread in Out Of Character rp with the details of the story and the character sheets to fill out(or do you want to do that part?)
AeroPhoenix
AeroPhoenix
Site Owner
Site Owner

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by AeroPhoenix Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:05 pm

Why can't Elements root for Elusive? A dirt speaks the factory. Elements awaits the sore mandate in a democratic whoop. The retained script treks the downhill umbrella.
AeroPhoenix
AeroPhoenix
Site Owner
Site Owner

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Youkai Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:18 pm

your an idiot for putting that you know. Anyway you can post it up but keep it with all the element just main the four main ones common and the rest rare. We'll hammer out everything later. as for psychic powers and ether we could but we'll need more information for it to accurately created something for it.
Youkai
Youkai
Staff
Staff

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by AeroPhoenix Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:22 pm

I'll work on it now, I'll check this now and then for your ideas and to let you know what I've got so far.
AeroPhoenix
AeroPhoenix
Site Owner
Site Owner

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Youkai Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:24 pm

cool
Youkai
Youkai
Staff
Staff

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by AeroPhoenix Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:50 pm

I'm wondering, would you mind if instead of the different continents or worlds(or whatever) it's different types of people. Like certain special people who can control the elements. Elemental psychics, and depending on their element they have certain personality traits. Your idea is really complicated, well have to think of every detail of the world. If we base it on our world then we don't have to deal with that.

Everyone can use the elements, typical people(with training of-course) can use these elements for their psyche(fire for motivation or fierceness) and even fewer of them can raise a candles flame, cause a weak breeze, change the course of running water(like a table-spoons full), and moving earthy elements(like a pebble). When they do it's weak but notable. Your character, being one of those special ones, would be able to emulate a flame thrower(with a starting flame). Mines would be able to sweep you off your feet with a burst of wind! Other people could train but without that rare special talent they could only go so far ar becoming adepts in the (dreamy) astral realms, or really weak in the physical. You get my drift? lol

There could be an astral place of the elements, where the elementals come from. We could go to those astral places in out astral body's when we sleep, go in a trance, have some kind of trip. It's a dream world where things are not so stable and are affected by your state of mind. The elementals or any other beings may make you hallucinate to communicate with you. Maybe our characters could be chosen. 
Salamander, Fire
http://www.whats-your-sign.com/fire-elementals-salamanders.html
Gnome, Earth
http://www.whats-your-sign.com/gnome-meaning-earth-elementals.html
Undine, Water
http://www.whats-your-sign.com/undines-water-elementals.html
Sylph, Air
http://www.whats-your-sign.com/sylphs-air-elementals.html

http://blog.californiapsychics.com/blog/2010/12/psychic-workout-the-elements-cardinal-directions.html

"Our physical existence is the element earth. Our emotions and ability to show compassion are associated with water. Our intellect and creativity is the element air. Our passions and motivation are aspects of the element fire."

“EARTH:
Direction: North

AIR:
Direction East

FIRE:
Direction: South

WATER:
Direction: West”
AeroPhoenix
AeroPhoenix
Site Owner
Site Owner

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:25 pm

It's that psychic thing again! That's a far cry from what Youkai suggested. But on all in for it, if you wouldn't mind a player that disappears for days!

Back to top Go down

Post by AeroPhoenix Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:32 pm

Nah I don't mind, I REALLY don't mind!
AeroPhoenix
AeroPhoenix
Site Owner
Site Owner

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Youkai Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:57 pm

to be honest if i remember correctly psychic are usually in a different category then people learning to use an elements.
Youkai
Youkai
Staff
Staff

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by AeroPhoenix Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:56 pm

They are elemental psychics, its just another branch of psychic phenomena.
AeroPhoenix
AeroPhoenix
Site Owner
Site Owner

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Youkai Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:07 pm

so you saying anyone, like say, any normal person with no power what so ever learning to use or at less control an element is considered a psychic?

odd but not as farfetched as it sound when you put it in the grand scheme of things.

Last edited by Youkai on Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Youkai
Youkai
Staff
Staff

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by AeroPhoenix Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:36 pm

You know, like I wrote in the private message, we should stick to our original story(Wata). I mean we were really devoted to it.
AeroPhoenix
AeroPhoenix
Site Owner
Site Owner

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Youkai Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:24 pm

so the wata code lives once again....cool ldance anyway i was trying to set up a chapter for a story but don't know how :>.<:
Youkai
Youkai
Staff
Staff

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by AeroPhoenix Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:01 pm

*Coughs RANDOM PARAGRAPH GENERATOR! :>.<:

You could try daydreaming and writing whatever comes to you. Its a state of mind similar to dreaming(Where your subconscious creates a story and throws you into it) but its easier to direct and of-course it isn't so immersive. You could close your eyes and relax, think of a scenario then play it out in your mind and if you succeed at daydreaming it all seems to happen on its own.

AeroPhoenix
AeroPhoenix
Site Owner
Site Owner

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Youkai Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:31 am

Not what I meant. You just put up the section in.
Youkai
Youkai
Staff
Staff

Male

Back to top Go down

Talk of a new RP, Elemental Worlds Empty Dont just read this, heed this! >_<

Post by AeroPhoenix Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:54 pm

Darnit sorry, I misunderstood, I thought you were saying that you were a dry well. Try the daydreaming technique anyways , like you always did(remember you told me you imagine the stories, that's exactly how allot of writers create), but do it deliberately from now on.

You post the complete story as an article in the blog forum "Solo Stories" and if your story is part of a series (Which of course is what me and you are gonna do right?) then let the readers know by linking the articles together and/or assembling an archive. If you want to reveal your tale bit by bit then let them know that you'll be updating the same article, adding chapters later by editing till the story is finished. How do you know if a story is complete? Read on my friend.

The following is important advice, seriously. I'm just about finished reading Orison's book on writing speculative(f & sf) fiction, and dam for a short book its teaching me allot. Please don't ignore what I say, its not my genius I'm trying to bestow on you, its the genius of Orison Scott Card.

First of all there's length, the longer it is the more you count but don't get ahead of yourself
- Short Story: Under 7,500
- Novelette: 7,500 to 17,499
- Novella: 17,500 to 40,000
- Novel: Over 40,000
(If the work is too big, you could make each post a volume or part of your overall story but remember that we want a complete story)

There are four types of stories, how will your story begin and end?
Let me explain the viewpoint character, before we move on. That is the character you follow around, the character that you base your narrative on. You don't expose what that character wouldn't, you'll write the story through their eyes but not necessarily in first person.
Milieu: "An observer who will see things as we would see them gets to the strange place, sees all the things that are interesting, is transformed by what he sees, and then comes back a new man."
"the story doesnt end until he leaves (or, in a variant, he finally decides not to leave, ending the question of going home).
Idea: "The idea story begins by asking a question; it ends when the question is answered."
Character: "The story begins at the moment when the main character becomes so unhappy, impatient, or angry in his present role that he begins the process of change; and it ends when the character either settles into a new role (happily or not) or gives up the struggle and remains in the old role (happily or not).
Event: "The event story ends at the point where new order is established, or more rarely, where the old order is restored, or, more rarely, where the world descends into chaos as the forces of order are destroyed. The story begins, not at the point where the world becomes disordered, but rather at the point where the character whose actions are most crucial to establishing the new order becomes involved with the struggle."
AeroPhoenix
AeroPhoenix
Site Owner
Site Owner

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Youkai Tue May 01, 2012 8:21 am

you do know i don't really pay attention on things like that, right?
Youkai
Youkai
Staff
Staff

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content